An Atheist Meets God

Here’s a brilliant parody of the ludicrous idea that an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving God would send somebody to hell simply because they didn’t believe in the Bible, no matter how good a person they were. This video’s creator (Edward Current) has several other funny religious parodies as well.

Tags: , ,

What a wonderful parody! I loved it! Sachiko, you really have a great sense of humour.

I’m glad you enjoyed it Anurag! I forgot to mention: this video was once again sent to me by Kid A.

I see.

As an atheist I found this very funny, but amongst the humour, some very good points were made. I will make sure to show this video to my christian friends as the points raised in this video are the major gripes I have with the concept of god.

I agree this video makes some very clever points. I particularly like the bit where he asks God why he makes people suffer, even good Christians. After God racks his brains for a few moments to try and come up with a reasonable answer, he can only respond by saying “I don’t have time for this!”. :-)

Hi Sachiko,

However, my mother really gave me a brainstorming point yesterday, when I asked her on why should we have to be strictly religious even if you’re already a good person. Her reply was, if I want something perfectly, then you would have to do something perfectly like the God wished isn’t that logic. If God simply gave you a hut instead of villa that you’ve wished for would you be satisfied with it? Secondly, if you’re just spiritual at a very young age but not religious, then you would still become religous as you grow up as there’s a very strong reason on why we would and the answer is that she doesn’t know, its a miracle. If you don’t, then this means that we’re great sinners that God doesn’t want us. Thirdly, people without any religions are not at all respect by the soceity, king, and or any intellect as you can’t to trust them so in a nutshell, freethinkers, liberal people are the ones that can’t be trusted. Fourthly, people who don’t see race, religion, culture, or caste as a barrier to choose their partners only do so for personal benefit and are like hooligans, vagabonds, or pagans as they have no barriers at all and these people have no respect from any one and are the most hated. They are also abused by their in-laws. Maybe the reason why you got abused by your ex-husband because he was a caucasian ( did you marry?) . Race, caste, religion, and culture is important to keep a soceity civilised, dignified, cultured , and educated. A developed, respected human beings should have proper barriers in every aspect of his/her living. Fifth, humanity was only brought about by religion, you see yoga, was brought about by Hinduism, without a religion, there’s no order, and people would be like vagabonds and drug-addicts. Religion is something which spoils a person, religion is something that makes a person, so in a nutshell, a right religion like Hinduism or Christianity makes a right person. Lastly, my mother warned me not to be an atheist as these people are forgiven by God until they reach a point in life when they see religion as their ultimate path and become more religious than an average person when they realise it, I am afraid that you would also do so. For example, Mother Theresa. Did all this affect your point of view?

Hi Sachiko,

Please bear in mind that my mom is good at predicting the future. I hope that this one doesn’t turn out to be true.

First of all Anurag, I have never been abused by any partner of mine at any time. Where on earth did you get that idea? I said I was abused by my parents and society as a child, never by my partner!

Secondly, your question covers far too much ground for me to respond in one commment – my entire blog is a response to the sort of ignorant, small-minded, conservative and wrong-headed thinking your mother has. I will say this though: your mother is using circular reasoning, as none of what she thinks makes any sense if there is no God. And there is absolutely no objective and independent evidence to suggest that God exists. She may want to believe that he exists (and think that makes society better), but that doesn’t mean that there really is a God. That question has to be answered with logic and research, not wishful thinking. Your mother is simply stuck in a very old-fashioned way of thinking, which is not only disputed by atheists, but by anyone from a free western culture as well. And lets face it: if God favoured her culture, then why does the west dominate the world now?

Sachiko,

But the truth is, after the ecomomic crisis, India has begun to dominate the world as I’ve read from the newspaper ‘ The Times’ that westerners are beginning to have ‘ Indomania.’ Indian culture of money- saving made India survive under this harsh condition. It became even more convincing after the newly-released English movie ‘ Slumdog Millionaire.’ Have you seen that movie?

India is a rapidly growing economy at the moment, but it hardly dominates the world. Besides, China is rapidly becoming the most powerful economy in the world right now, and they are communists and Confucianists. India has never been a dominant world power, but China has, and may well be again.

However, there’s even a higher level of unemployment in CHina than in India. Many ( from the west) are pointing out that India, being a great democracy can succeed far more than China in the near future.

I wouldn’t exactly call India a “great democracy”, when it still has such a totally undemocratic caste system. Still, there isn’t really any point in arguing about this – we’ll see for ourselves soon enough.

I love this kind of videos. My experience is that believers seldom vcan be changed by logic reasoning, but nevertheless it may help a little in someones progress to atheïsm.