Ricky Gervais On The Bible

Well I think it’s high time we had a little comic relief, so as I’ve just seen Ghost Town—and I enjoyed The Office and Extras—I thought it would be appropriate to post this video of Ricky Gervais talking about the Bible. The Bible is a very easy target for comedians, as it is just so patently absurd—it is totally unbelievable that any educated adult could accept what it says literally, yet so many do! It’s utterly incredible how people can switch off their normal critical faculties when it comes to religion.

Brilliant, Sachiko! The Bible is nothing more than allegory and myth , although it has literary value.

(Ricky makes a good logical point: The snake was being punished?)

George Carlin is great too. Have you seen “Reigulous” yet? Carlin is obviously a big influence on Bill MAher.

Bertrand Russell is my favorite. Very methodical in his argument against religion and The Bible.

I don’t believe everything in the Bible to be literal.

I also DON’T believe this guy is funny.

The following is an excerpt from a discussion in which George Bush is struggling with the urgings of Dick Cheney and Rush Limbaugh to attack Iraq. This Top Secret meeting took place between the three men on The Island of Dr. Moreau:

It is a hard way, the way of being a man. Sooner or later we all want a thing that is bad. To walk on all fours. To suck up drink from a stream. To jabber instead of saying the words. To go snuffling at the earth, and to claw at the bark of trees. To eat flesh or fish……..These are all bad things. These are not the things that men do. But we are men, are we not? We are men because the Father has made us men!

Ricky Gervais is a genius! Sachiko, are you acquainted with Betty Bowers, America’s Best Christian? She’s a hoot.

Hi Doug – I am now! Very funny. :-D

Thanks for link, comic genius!