The 10 Commandments 2: The Sabbath Day

Here is my second Bible reading video from the ten Commandments, and third Bible reading overall. As with my last reading, there’s also an extended, super high quality topless version for my web site members. Sorry my hair is a little messy, but I thought I’d better not brush it on the Sabbath Day. :-)

Tags: , , , ,

Mark Crawford

Mark Crawford’s avatar

Bravo! I bet if you gave sermons it would do wonders for Church attendance! But wait a minute–wouldn’t that be “working”?

The sabbath is supposed to be Saturday not Sunday, ask the Jews. All the Jews in my area observe Saturday as the sabbath.

I don’t know why christians observe Sunday as the worship day; maybe just to piss off the Jews.

The Spanish word for Saturday is Sabado; makes sense.

In high school I worked in the only hardware store in the county that was open on Sunday. We did more business on Sunday than any other day of the week. I don’t think people were buying hardware on Sunday just to store it in their basements. Likewise, many years later, I had a job in a liquor store that was open on Sunday. We did more business there on Sunday than all the other days of the week combined. I don’t know what this says about what God the “good Christian” folks in my neighborhood worshiped, but now that I no longer work there, I have to leisure to raise a glass in toast to all those comfortable suburban hypocrites. “I’ll DRINK to that!”

It seems the ten commandants may have started out as a reasonable moral compass (a thousand or so years ago).

There should be no moral dilemma for the modern world on working Sundays or any other guidance from the bible.

If the “good Christian” can even exist, they must exist based a working document of the modern world. The Catholic church in particular may be suffering from living in the past and not offering the blind sheep something they can use.

Maybe part of the modern doctrine is that no man of the church is perfect either.

I think the Ten Commandments were a way of keeping the sheep in check… as a moral code it’s a bit mad – thou shalt not kill… unless it’s people who work on a Sunday or kids who don’t honour their parents….
I’ll stick to good old common sense and follow my own path.

The Ten Commandments still provides a solid basis for any moral cose, and you must remember that for almost two thousand years this was the only rule that saved the peasantry from a seven day working week.

On an unrelated note how does such a small strip of material stay put on such a generously proportioned woman? Do you need to make a conscious effort?

@Steve Tulley – I have a lot more readings on the ten commandments to come, and there’s a lot of bad and absurd stuff in there. It seems to me that whatever moral guidance the ten commandments have supposedly given society actually came from our own inherent sense of fairness and decency.

As for how my tops stay on, it seems everyone wants to know that – I’m not entirely sure myself! :-)

The fact that they have stayed on during your clips prove that prayer does not work.

LOL! I guess there probably were a lot of guys (and quite possibly several girls) praying for that. :-)

Dear Sachiko & Contributors,

Although it was hard to concentrate due to Sachiko’s invigorating choice of attire, I found myself in deep thought.

The fifth commandment does indeed ask Jews to keep one day “holy”. (Nothing about killing anyone, I suspect that’s a man-made idea). Sachiko, in fact, is quoting early Mosaic Law (1312 BC is the date attributed to the commandments being revealed to Moses).

Sachiko might be surprised to learn Jesus Himself, had the same misgivings 1000 years later. According to Matthew (Verse 12) Jesus defended his disciples actions, when on the Sabbath Day, they decided to eat corn in the fields. Through our modern eyes, this disobedience may appear trivial. In fact, it was an act of breathtaking rebellion that led to the Pharisees plotting to murder Jesus.

When asked why He broke the Sabbath, Jesus points out that the hungry must eat and sick must be healed, whatever day of the week it happens to be.

Kind Regards, nbwriter